The entry form for KERRY GROUP RAS MUMHAN 2014 was released today, along with the amended special regulations that reflect the changes that were approved at the Annual Congress of Cycling Ireland last October.
The entry form reflects an unchanged entry fee of €65 for the four day event which is now firmly established as the biggest stage race in the country outside of the Rás.
The Race Organisation is once again committed to maintaining the race as a primary target for home based riders while strengthening the competition with overseas riders. Given the clamour from British and Dutch teams for entry to the race again for 2014 there will be no difficulty in putting together a strong overseas contingent to put pressure on the home based cyclists to perform well.
The decision to disallow individual entries from 2014 is a clear statement that KERRY GROUP RAS MUMHAN is a team event. Several very important changes to participation in the event have been made including:
1. There are no individual entries allowed.
2. A team must consist of at least 4 and a maximum of 6 riders.
3. Where more than one team from a club is entered in the race then the first team must consist of 6 riders before a second team is entered. The second team must have a full roster of 6 riders before a third team can be entered.
4. Riders who are members of a UCI registered team may only ride the race as part of a National, Provincial or County team in order to comply with Cycling Ireland Regulations.
5. Where a composite team proposes to include a rider who does not have an IRL code on their license, permission must be received from the Board of Cycling Ireland.
6. UCI registered teams may not enter the race.
The closing date for the receipt of entry forms is Friday 28th of March 2014.
The organisers of the KERRY GROUP RAS MUMHAN wish to accommodate as many Irish riders as possible, while maintaining the ethos of the race, therefore the closing date may be advanced if the entry list fills at an earlier date.
Clubs & teams interested in taking part in the race should contact the Race Secretary, Mary Concannon: Tel: 00 353 64 6644396 / 00 353 87 2802071, email@example.com.
Further information and full details of the route will be made available on www.rasmumhan.ie